Which speakers are higher efficiency?

Hi, I am in the market to buy a high efficiency speakers to match my 300B with given 15W output. When I do some search online, I have 2 speakers in my mind:

Reference 3a Grand Veena Loudspeakers
Efficiency: 90 dB. 1Watt/meter.
Frequency response: 36Hz - 20 kHz (+/-) 3dB.
Up to 100 kHz high frequency extension.
Bass loading: F3@ 36Hz., tuned port,
quasi-second order, -15dB at 20Hz.
Impedance: 5 Ohm (+/-0.5 Ohm).
Power handling: 200 Watts RMS.
Phase: Almost constant at 10 degrees @94dB, wide band.

Focal 1037be
Type: 3-way bass-reflex floor standing speaker
Frequency response (+ or-3dB) 38hz-40hz
Sensitivity (2,83 V/1m) 91dB
Nominal impedance 8 Ohms
Minimum impedance 3,5Ohms
Crossover frequency 350Hz/2000Hz

Just look at the number, Focal 1037be is more efficiency, b/c it gives 91dB v.s. Reference 3a Grand Veena only give 90dB. Is that right? or am I missing something here?
Or can you guys suggest a 4~6k high efficiency speakers for me?
Thanks,
audiorichard
I would second what Tvad said. On the point of the efficiency spec, you don't know if they were measured the same way under the same conditions with the same equipment. And the figures are so close. Six of one, half a dozen of the other on this. Because of that, I would look at the impedence dip for further information as to which might be more efficient or less demanding on an amp.
Just how loud do you expect to play the speakers? If they are 90 at one watt, then 93 at two, 96 at 4, 99 at 8, and 102 at 16. This is not terribly loud, the Focal is capable of much higher. If I was wedded to the amp I would look for more efficient speakers, especially in a large room. If you have a small room, do not play a high volume or demanding musical works you may get by.
Stanwal is right, the Focal will play louder, but the uneven impedance curve suggests they could sound "bright".

I would prefer a balanced frequency response at a lower volume, if that's the trade-off.
I was just about to post a similar comment to Stan's, when I saw his post. I don't think that 90db speakers are sensitive enough for use with 300B or other low powered amplifiers, unless you are in a small room, listen from no more than around 8 feet away, listen to music that has narrow dynamic range, and don't listen at high volume levels.

To realize the same peak volume levels with 15 watts that the Grand Veena's can provide at their rated 200 watts, you would need speakers with 101 db sensitivity.

I do agree with the others that for best compatibility with a tube amp you should give preference to speakers with the highest possible minimum impedance.

Regards,
-- Al
Also, the Grand Veena's are actually about 1 db MORE sensitive than the Focal's, assuming the specifications are accurate. Their 90db rating at 1 watt at 1 meter, coupled with their 5 ohm impedance, means that they would reach 90 db at 2.24 volts into the 5 ohms. That corresponds to 92 db for the 2.83 volt input that the sensitivity of the Focal's is spec'd at.

The reason that many speakers have their efficiency spec'd at an input of 2.83 volts is that 2.83 volts into an 8 ohm impedance corresponds to 1 watt. However, if the spec is based on input power, not voltage, the impedance of the speakers being compared has to be factored in, to make the comparison meaningful.

Regards,
-- Al