Skylan stand tweeks

A few questions, if you please:

- post loading has been with sand, kitty litter, and now Noel is recommending users to try rice, which I'm using.
Anyone try more than one of these for comparison?

- Noel gave me ceramic magnets to try on each top plate, 2 in front on the metal rods, and 1 in back in the middle.
Anyone try this or other devices to lift speaker off the 4 neoprene corners? I didn't like the magnets, I'm using 3 wooden oak buttons per plate.

- I have wood floors, so using the rounded threaded inserts instead of the spikes.
Anyone try anything else?

Thanks
Chas
Ag insider logo xs@2xchashas1
I don't have Skylan stands, but my favorite fill was a 50:50 mix of dry sand and small steel blasting shot. Very lively sounding, but without the coloration or overdamping that I heard from other materials.
You can also try the Herbies Big Fat Dots on top of the stands...I am using similar and found they work better the little corner nibs installed on the stands..I actually got them from Noel at Skylan..They are about 3/4" Diameter 1/4" thick ( or high ) round hard rubber ( looks like anyway ) and they helped me in eliminating a touch of bass boom.... ( concrete floor )..The herbies Big Fat Dots are very popular for your type of application.......
Thanks.
So then Thorman, are you using 4 per plate or 3? I've heard good things about Herbies, plus his prices are very reasonable.