upgrade from Paradigm Studio 20s?

I bought a new set of Studio 20s for my main (living room) system last year. They have been a big upgrade from my college cast-off speakers .. my first set of serious quality speakers. Now, I am thinking of another upgrade.

My budget might be $2K for a pair ... bookshelves or towers. Actually, I might consider towers, in order to eliminate the sub ... simplify life a bit.

Anyway, would I hear an improvement, at this price-point?
Any suggestions?

Would have to be attractive and high WAF.

Thanx,
Rob
albireo13
All good advice...but for 2k i dont think you are going to make a quantum leap in performance unless you are willing to go with a large Magnepan,3-way Vandersteen, etc...both poor WAF...u could add a sub...but 90% of music is in the midrange...and i dont think even that would be a huge upgrade unless you listen extensively to organ music, electronica, reggae, etc...all depends on your listening preferences...FWIW...in the more conventional 2-way design...GMA europas are hard to beat...
I've lately been looking at Salk Songtowers ... attractive, affordable, and getting great ratings so far.

My system:
Emotiva ERC-1 CDP
Emo USP-1 preamp
Emo UPA-2 amp
Songtowers not a bad choice...still think if u are seeking a change make it a big one...planars, stats, etc...probably a nice speaker...but again...not a huge upgrade in performance from what u currently own....just my .02....
i agree with phasecorrect--assuming you want a real upgrade, not a lateral move, i'd look at something with more wow. since you've got a sub, like many of the above posters, i'd opt for monitors--proac response, totem model 1 sig, lsa, revel m22 (high waf) or even paradigm signature, which are a considerable sonic and aesthetic upgrade over the vg studios.