Diving back into analog...which turntable to buy

Ive tried this a few years ago with a LP12 table and could never get it to sound as good as my digital so off it went.Im determined to get a table and make it work...So im willing to spend up to a grand,nothing more.What do I buy used or new.Looking for an easy to setup and maintain belt drive table.Thanks in advance
missioncoonery
Go to the web firm "U-Turn Audion". Great gear, value priced, great sound. If you don't agree they will refund your money. Things have changed.
IF your are diving in you need to put more water in the pool.
Seriously, wait and save. I have my opinions about tables/arms but they are a bit outside the box for most on here.
"09-01-15: Missioncoonery
Well this is all discouraging,lol...I tried everything possible with the lp12 I had.I even had a table guy come in and do his magic as he stated before coming.Couldn't compare to my Esoteric player.Anyway I want to try this,my budget is a grand..Im seeking info on tables to consider new or used,thats all really."

OK, but compare how? You didn't like the base. You didn't like the treble? Maybe the ticks and pops? If you don't focus on what went wrong the first time, you can't expect to get better results this time around. Especially with a lower budget.
Im saying a grand on the table..not a table,cart and phone pre...and yes I have albums tons of them that have been boxed for decades,lol.I guess ill go back to google..thanks though