Diving back into analog...which turntable to buy

Ive tried this a few years ago with a LP12 table and could never get it to sound as good as my digital so off it went.Im determined to get a table and make it work...So im willing to spend up to a grand,nothing more.What do I buy used or new.Looking for an easy to setup and maintain belt drive table.Thanks in advance
missioncoonery
Apologies for going slightly off-topic. Remember this?

http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

I've been using a group of bog-standard Sony players for years. This must surely confirm my golden-eared status. ;^)
I read through your test. Assuming I take you at your word as to how the test was done, and what the results were, what exactly does the test confirm?
If your ears are tuned to digital, you probably will find the delivery to be too "soft" from just about *any* belt drive turntable. An elastic belt tends to soften the intial transients and risetimes compared to a digital presentation. Fortunately, Pioneer has issued an audiophile-quality DD turntable, the PLX-1000, available for $697. It has been well-reviewed by Herb Reichert (with a follow-up) at Stereophile and also by Steve Guttenberg at C-Net.

It also made it into S'philes recommended components list as a Class C, borderline Class B turntable. The other Class B's range from $2850 to $6500.

At $700, there's enough left over to get an Audio Technica AT150MLX, a very high-performing MM cartridge and a good match for that TT. Also, the tonal balance is very uncolored, similar to digital. I have this cartridge on a modified Technics SL-1210 M5G, and it's great--quick, dynamic, broadband, quiet, and dynamic.

Although the tonal balance and speed are similar to digital, I much prefer my vinyl playback for the musical continuity and "feel" of the presentation. I feel like I'm getting the best of both.

I don't know if or what you have for a phono stage, but Reichert liked the $129 Schiit Mani.
Dear Zd542, assuming this question was directed at myself, you should be aware this was an experiment conducted by a Spanish(?) audiophile society 7 or 8 years ago. I am not connected with it in any way.

However this may offer some explanation as to their philosophy. If you find it flawed or wish to quote the outcome of the Swedish Radio codec debacle to them, you have my blessing ;^)

http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_marco.htm
"09-02-15: Moonglum
Dear Zd542, assuming this question was directed at myself, you should be aware this was an experiment conducted by a Spanish(?) audiophile society 7 or 8 years ago. I am not connected with it in any way."

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My last post was for you.

This was from your first post.

"I've been using a group of bog-standard Sony players for years. This must surely confirm my golden-eared status. ;^)
Moonglum (Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

I'm just not sure what you meant by that, even after reading about the test.