receptacles

Hi I'm really confused about which receptacle to use. I want clarity, not thin and not warm. I tried Furutech GTX-D R was not too happy its was burned in for 50 hours. Then i went for wattgate Rhodium did like that too i ran it for 50 hours. then i used PS audio i liked it but I'm still burning it in. I want something that will be really clear and above and beyond. I heard about the R! would that be the solution to my problem. Thanks
deepak007
I've used different receptacles and outcome was different. It refines and affects the sound. Whatever the brand of receptacle it is used, it is better to match AC Plug male plating/conductor metal to plating used on that receptacle. Plating (gold/Rhodium) on conductors changes coloration of the sound toward bright or warm. For example, If Rhodium (GTX-DR) is used and you plug a power cord using AC plug male Gold plating, it could result to a kind of affecting articulation of frequency bands (not saying compression!), like midband frequencies toward bass or treble. It is somehow ( in a much less affecting way!) like using a power cord with Gold male plug and Rhodium IEC or vice versa. I did tried these combinations and outcome sound was not good at all. Except one case with GoldM from Furutech/Silver IEC from Iego! Silver plated plugs are more versatile to be matched with Gold, not Rhodium!

By the way, I was wondering if anybody has tried Wattagate AG 381 Receptacle?

hope that would help.

cheers,
Michel.

MY system has good sonics and not that soft. Which receptacle can give me a soft and clear tone. Thanks
09-02-15: Deepak007

Try this duplex receptacle, Hubbell 5362 Heavy duty industrial series

Burn in time for a new one, about 50 hours.

For the duplex cover plate use a nylon plate.
Example, Leviton nylon duplex cover plate.

Do not use a steel, ferrous, cover plate with magnetic properties.
Deepak007,
Have you tried the Furutech FPX-G High-Performance Duplex with Gold Plating?
Hi I'm really confused about which receptacle to use. I want clarity, not thin and not warm. I tried Furutech GTX-D R was not too happy its was burned in for 50 hours. Then i went for wattgate Rhodium did like that too i ran it for 50 hours. then i used PS audio i liked it but I'm still burning it in. I want something that will be really clear and above and beyond. I heard about the R! would that be the solution to my problem. Thanks
08-31-15: Deepak007
Hi just got the Tesla receptacle is good but very active not so smooth. How is the Maestro compared to this outlet.
09-02-15: Deepak007
MY system has good sonics and not that soft. Which receptacle can give me a soft and clear tone. Thanks
What are you trying to fix by rolling receptacles?

I have two 20amp dedicated lines for my system. When I replaced builder grade receptables with Maestro, it was one of the best ROI. I wouldn't believe it if didn't experience it myself. A BIG BIG WOW!

Several months ago I replaced Maestro with Furutech GTX-D R, recommended by a dealer friend, the improvements were more subtled and no BIG WOWs. So it amazes me how you can hear such dramatic differences rolling all HIGH QUALITY receptacles.

Furutech GTX-D R is anything from thin, bright ... but neutral, transparent, full body ... in my system.

I THINK you probably have synergy issues with components in your system so rolling receptacles will not address them IMHO. GL!
Or as I stated on this forum already; the Furutech outlets (at least the Furutech GTX-D (R) and FPX-G) take a good 500 hours to break-in, not sound thin and remain constant.