Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
Barber's Adagio for Strings was also used in the Platoon soundtrack from 1986. I would add to the list Albinoni's Adagio, the version from Gary Karr on King Super Analogue is superb and very melancholy. If that's your thing of course. I also like various versions of the Ave Maria, and of course, one must add Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.
Please forgive the length of this post: I second (or third) the Barber Adagio, Albinoni's as well. Would also add Rachmaninoff 2nd & 3rd Piano Concerti, Keith Jarrett's "Hourglass" from "Staircase/Hourglass/Sundial/Sand" & "My Song" from same release, both on ECM, Lyle Mays' "Close to Home" from his first solo release, Pat Metheny's "Always & Forever" from "Secret Story", Rachmaninoff's Vocalise, 4th movement of Beethoven's Ninth, J.S. Bach's Fugue from the Toccata & Fugue in D min, King Crimson's "Starless" from "Red", Miles' "Blue in Green", Coltrane's "A Love Supreme", Louis Armstrong's "Solitude", Metheney & May's "Sept. 15th" from "As Falls Wichita". Bill Bruford's Earthworks' "It Needn't End in Tears" from their 1st album. King Crimson's "Two Hands" from "Beat". Chopin's Etude 10 in E flat, his "Revolutionary" Etude, and Liszt's Liebestraum. Okay, there's my three.
1. Margo Timmins, Cowboy Junkies "Powder Finger" from The Cauton Horses CD, also "Cheap is how I Feel". 2. Melissa Etheridge-- self titled CD, "Precious Pain" and "Late September Dogs" 3. Koko Taylor "Walking The Backstreets". 4. Buddy Guy "Black Night is Falling", form CD Damn Right I've Got the Blues. Three? of my favorites-- each is achingly beautiful. Thanks, Craig.
Well many of the above pieces would certainly be on my long list but here are a few more that I cherish that aren't - Mozart's K364 Concertina for Violin & Viola (Mozart at his lyrical best) Rimsky Korsakov "Scherazade" 3rd Movement especially. Mozart's 2rd Movement (Andante) from 41st Symphony "Jupiter" This one always gives me goosebumps even on a table radio. 2nd movement from Mozart's #20 Piano Concerto K466, closing theme to "Amadeus", simply one of the most elegant and perfect pieces of music I have ever heard.
This was an excellent post Marlec !! I have obtained very useful information from the respondents. Great and THANKS. For my own contribution, I would add the one and only SPANISH HARLEM by Rebecca. What a voice, it is a thing of beauty. Fur Elise by Chopin and the Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, played by tubed amplification ofcourse. Here is one you may not know: the title song NEIGES from the CD of the same name by Andre Gagnon.