Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
1. Margo Timmins, Cowboy Junkies "Powder Finger" from The Cauton Horses CD, also "Cheap is how I Feel". 2. Melissa Etheridge-- self titled CD, "Precious Pain" and "Late September Dogs" 3. Koko Taylor "Walking The Backstreets". 4. Buddy Guy "Black Night is Falling", form CD Damn Right I've Got the Blues. Three? of my favorites-- each is achingly beautiful. Thanks, Craig.
Well many of the above pieces would certainly be on my long list but here are a few more that I cherish that aren't - Mozart's K364 Concertina for Violin & Viola (Mozart at his lyrical best) Rimsky Korsakov "Scherazade" 3rd Movement especially. Mozart's 2rd Movement (Andante) from 41st Symphony "Jupiter" This one always gives me goosebumps even on a table radio. 2nd movement from Mozart's #20 Piano Concerto K466, closing theme to "Amadeus", simply one of the most elegant and perfect pieces of music I have ever heard.
This was an excellent post Marlec !! I have obtained very useful information from the respondents. Great and THANKS. For my own contribution, I would add the one and only SPANISH HARLEM by Rebecca. What a voice, it is a thing of beauty. Fur Elise by Chopin and the Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, played by tubed amplification ofcourse. Here is one you may not know: the title song NEIGES from the CD of the same name by Andre Gagnon.
Et Fur Elise is by Beethoven not Chopin. This is a mandatory piece every 4th -5th year piano student must learn. But I agree with you, it is yet another to add to the group. Yes this is a worthwhile post, something we all can share.
Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima-Krzysztof Penderecki Triadic Memories-Morton Feldman Fingerbib-Aphex Twin