Need New CD Player or new DAC

I need a new cd player. Been looking at the forum and the threads are all pretty old. I have a couple right now. I have a Marantz 6005, an old Calfornia Audio cd player and a Sony DVD player with the drop down face. Also a Pioneer cd recorder. I also have a Emotiva DAC XD-2. Using the Marantz right now but thought I would see if there is a more musical cd player. Been listening to a lot of vinyl lately and like that analog sound. Should I switch cd players or get a better DAC or keep what I got because there won't be that much difference. Any help would be much appreciated.
128x128dylanfan
Choice of cable has a major effect on SQ, also the length.
Your digital cable may be part of the problem.
Yeah, Emotive is not analog sounding.
Thanks Lowrider57. Do you have the Jolida DAC. I have Primaluna amp and preamp. I like tubes. Any other recommendations?
for $1500 there is the Creek CD50 player. i have one and like it much better than the $4,000 German AVM player that I had earlier. It is smooth, it covers up the digititus, and is rich sounding so that redbook CDs of modest recording quality are quite listenable (something the AVM with its brutal transparency could not do). The Creek is a great player.
I owned and really liked the NAD M51 DAC and I've seen them on Audiogon for around your budget. It will also allow you to play SACD although it converts to PCM (and very well). I think it's a very musical DAC that you would enjoy.
No, Dylanfan, I don't own the Jolida Glass DAC. I've owned Jolida gear in the past and liked their tube sound. So I'm only going by positive user reviews and the affordable price.

Austinbob brings up a good point; some DACs will not play SACD resolution.