Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
Bartok: The Miraculous Mandarin, Etc., Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Antal Dorati conducting, London 411 894-2, 1985. Track 10, the Allegro from Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta, is the best test for bass response in full-range speakers and a powerful amp's ability to clarify extremely complex (and beautiful) orchestral passages. This cut also has the added benefit of driving most audio salesmen out of the listening room.

If you *don't* clearly hear the enormous bass drum that enters at about 3:00 minutes into the piece, then your system is simply missing the lowest octave. The entry of the bass drum should not just be a quiet suggestion of something going on in the bass, it should have the same full, expanding "bloom" as a large orchestral gong and be quite loud. Sometimes I do miss my Vandersteen 4's!
Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Rubinstein)
Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue (Telarc)
My three choices are Ravel's String Quartet in F major by the Ad Libitum Quartet,Bela Bartok String Quartet No. 4 by the Juilliard String Quartet, and Shostakovich String Quartet No. 8 in C minor by the Emerson String Quartet.
One thing I have just learned about classical music is that one piece played by different musicians can affect you differently.The musicians that I named seem to play the pieces that I named just a bit more effectively than some others that I have heard.
1) Liszt - Benediction de Dieu dans la solitude. Favorite recording by Garrick Ohlsson on EMI/Angel, unfortunately OOP.

2) Durufle - Requiem. Robert Shaw, Telarc

3) Mozart - Ave Verum Corpus. Robert Shaw (again.) This should have been the closing theme for Amadeus...

4) Okay, so I cheated. Morten Lauridsen - Lux Aeterna. Paul Salamunovich with the Los Angeles Master Chorale. Proving (once again) Maestro Salamunovich to be the finest choral director ever to have graced our planet...

If these don't move you, you have no soul.