Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
good suggestions Boa2.
and im all for jamie cullum. his cover of "high and dry" is fantastic but he totally ruined "Lover you shouldve come over"
Dvorak New World, Moody Blue Nights in White Satan (or practically any other Moody Blues), Saint-Saens Sym 3 Organ.
Dvorak Romance for Violin and Orchestra (Anne Akiko Meyers playing violin)
Ralph Vaughan Williams, "The Lark Ascending" - romance for violin and Orchestra (Anne Akiko Meyers).
Both pieces are on an out of print CD that has Anne Akiko Meyers playing the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, both pieces above and Massenet's Meditation.
This is just a gorgeous, gorgeous CD that is worth looking for on eBay. Anne’s playing is just heavenly and the music is to die for.
Rgds,
Larry
I too like Anne Akiko's playing - I went to school with her - and she was as nice as beautiful even then. I play the cello - do you play also?

Her playing is different from the usual New-York style of Isaac Stern group - softer and sentimental in approach. Pleasure to find a musician who will follow a different drumer - we enjoy variety this way.

I love the sound of David Oistrach's violin - so rich and deep - pierces my heart and not just my ears on a good system.