HEGEL - Is it really made in Norway ?

Not unlike Ayon, where it is just printed "Austria" and not "Made in Austria" (the usual and official terminology), are HEGEL products actually made and assembled in Norway or just "designed" in Norway and assembled somewhere in China?

I have tried getting a clear-cut answer from dealers with no success. Juste like for Ayon gear by the way.

Thanks if you can help.
soniqmike
Kalikid2013,

Thanks for the invitation but I don't travel overseas anymore. I would be interested in hearing if you receive an answer from Hegel. I believe their total silence on the issue may be telling us more than they realize. In my case, this also reflects their "silence is golden" attitude toward customer service. They turned their back and walked away instead of doing the right thing -- standing behind their product. I am aware of 3 cases where Hegel products malfunctioned and where Hegel responded in a similar fashion. Their "we can do no wrong" attitude does not serve them well. We can understand company pride. But when it comes at the expense of customer service it has no place on the shelf beside their products. This is a sad commentary on their corporate culture, IMO.
After skimming the past 5 pages it is still factually unclear where Hegel is manufactured.

I have absolutely nothing against gear being built in China or wherever else, but I also believe a manufacturer should be honest and upfront on where production is located.

As a huge fan of Hegel I know that "Hegel of Norway" is found on the components but have never come across a "made in" reference.

Hopefully at some point Hegel will chime in with more information and answer the question where the manufacturing is located.
Hopefully at some point Hegel will chime in with more information and answer the question where the manufacturing is located.
I think Hegel's silence speaks volumes. If all of their products were manufactured in Norway, you can bet your last krone that someone from corporate would have given a definitive answer by now.
There is no mystery here so we can end this discussion already. Hegel has previously confirmed to me and others that their gear is designed in Norway and built in China.