Tascam DA-3000

HI to everyone.
I have 1500 albums that I would like to transfer on to MD
Recorder but I was adviced by one of fellow Audiogoner that the best option would be Tascam DA-3000.
I searched a little bit and it sounds like a good idea but there is a problem. Every 2GB of data the files would be cut
so I would need the software to fix that. Maybe I didn't
understand what he was trying to explain since I never used
that kind of recorders.
I would appreciate opinions.
topten
Why would want to do a transfer? 1500 albums equals at least that many hours of your time, could be more if you take the time to review the transfer. Is that a productive use of your time? When comforted with that same task, but over 10,000 albums, I could not find it making any sense. So, reconsider.
I do not have the Tascam but I do have a Korg MR-2000s. When you record, it recreates files that are a a maximum of 1 GB. A typical album side is greater than 1 GB, so I end up with a 1 GB file and maybe a .3 GB file.  When I input the files into Korg's AudioGate software, it puts the files together into 1 file (1.3 GB in this case) and everything is fine. I do not think Tascam has software comparable to AudioGate, so you would have to have your processing software put them back together.

At 24/192 or DSD 128 I typically get a album side in well less than 2 GB. So, if you are worried about the software putting the files back together, you can just record one side at a time. If one side goes over 2 GB, you could have the Tascam to create a new file for each track. You can do that with the Tascam's Auto Track function or by manually hitting the Record button  (page 28 of the manual).

Hopefully you will get some input from a DA-3000 user with direct experience.

You might also want to look at the new Korg DS-DAC-10R. It is just coming out and the software is not out yet, but it looks like a nice product. It connects directly to your PC for digitizing. It is $600, i believe, which is less than the Tascam.
I do not have the Tascam but I do have a Korg MR-2000s. When you record, it recreates files that are a a maximum of 1 GB. A typical album side is greater than 1 GB, so I end up with a 1 GB file and maybe a .3 GB file. When I input the files into Korg's AudioGate software, it puts the files together into 1 file (1.3 GB in this case) and everything is fine. I do not think Tascam has software comparable to AudioGate, so you would have to have your processing software put them back together.

At 24/192 or DSD 128 I typically get a album side in well less than 2 GB. So, if you are worried about the software putting the files back together, you can just record one side at a time. If one side goes over 2 GB, you could have the Tascam create a new file for each track. You can do that with the Tascam's Auto Track function or by manually hitting the Record button (page 28 of the manual).

Hopefully you will get some input from a DA-3000 user with direct experience.

You might also want to look at the new Korg DS-DAC-10R. It is just coming out and the software is not out yet, but it looks like a nice product. It connects directly to your PC for digitizing. It is $600, i believe, which is less than the Tascam.