Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Bdp24 I still like Elvis Costello and Talking Heads. "Stop Making Sense" is still at the top of my list of concert movies--and I'm a child of the damn 60's.
As young and adult I was valuing music mostly by effort of musician. Most of modern and even past commercial music really bad while still there are lots of artists that can bring joy with their talent and skills. Practically nothing changed today: there are still great rock and jazz bands, great classical artists, but they're not on the radio or TV.
Sorry I don't buy the age factor
There are the gems, duds and everything in between all the time.

We change, times change and music changes accordingly.

Nothing stays the same.

Good thing too. Too much of any one thing tends to get boring over time. Even the good stuff.
Some of you are commenting as if you've heard ALL genres...you're ignorant of many innovative & adroit artists.
I'm not saying it's a necessity but being an accomplished musician certainly affords you a better understanding of what you're experiencing.
Look harder before stating that contemporary music is crap...