Danish loudspeakers: Dynaudio & System Audio

Recently, I've auditioned a pairs of Dynaudio Focus 110, I'm pretty impressed with the sound, but if I choose to buy the Focus 160, I'm a bit worry on the bass resonance problem due to rear ported design, some Dynaudio users report such problem too. I'm living in a medium room, where space is very limited, thus I'm considering to audition a pairs of System Audio Mantra 5, same Danish loudspeaker design, seem well regarded from some of the feedbacks, though I have to contact them to check whether any audition available in Malaysia, from the Website I'm able to search out a location though. Anybody heard of the System Audio speakers, any opinions or impressions how it sound?
128x128wim1983
When you become aware of all the different parts you judge sound for, you also will understand what these parts do with our emotion. The way we work we use for all brands.

It is not focussed on a brand. The only reason why we use Monitor Audio is that it owns more properties/talents.

The biggest limitations of Dynaudio is response/timing. When they would use lighter and stiffer materials they can make a big step forward!
Wim1983
there is such a instruction in my Dynaudio owners manual:
"To minimize low frequency reflections, which will be heard as a thickening of the sound, the loudspeaker models can be adapted to the room’s acoustic character by using foam plugs in the bass reflex port."
The same (and more about placement) is written in Dynaudio Focus speakers manual: http://www.dynaudio.com/media/1923/dyn_focus_manual.pdf

To minimize low frequency reflections, which will be heard as a thickening of the sound, the loudspeaker models can be adapted to the room’s acoustic character by using foam plugs in the bass reflex port.

Yes, that does help in certain situations. If you are getting bass boom in very low frequencies, use the plug. At a higher bass frequency, and I'm just guessing above 60Hz, when using the plug the speakers will not sound as open. I think it's better to use bass traps or some acoustic treatment.

As for reflections causing a thickening of the sound, and I think we all have experienced this when setting up a room, the answer is to treat the room and/or move the spkrs further from the walls.

There are other speaker manufacturers who use port plugs, or at least recommend stuffing foam rubber in the port. I played with the plugs on my PSB Synchronys and they ruined the sound of Classical music, but were very effective on heavy Rock basslines. And I was also using room treatments.
2 weeks ago we went to an audio show. They also use Dynaudio focus speakers. They also had a hummm problem in the room with the low freq. You need to understand that the main reason is the slow response of the drivers.