Best beer

Kokanee gets my nod.
tmsorosk
In NOLA I indulge in Turbodog, in Houston at least Shiner Bock makes being there palitable, in Philly there's nothing wrong with Jeungling, in Vancouver I'll go for a Sleeman's Honey Brown, in New Haven it's Sam summer ale, in SLC a Polyigamy Porter is just fine, and in New Hampster Magic Hat is always a pleasure. Then again, in Munich Franziskaner is fine, in Augsburg a Hasen Brau hefeweisen will work, in Copenhagen I'll do a Tuborg, in Amsterdam, Heniken tastes fine.

Best Beer. Depends where you are, and all beer is good beer (almost).
@Philjolet - not sure if we can get Bell's in California. I've never seen it here, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

@Kennyt - I can't believe I forgot to mention Lagunitas brewery - that's one of my favorites.

@Dopogue - Brother Thelonious is made by North Coast brewing, which is another fantastic brewer I forgot to mention
Any of the Missoula Montana micros but as far as the best name "Moose Drool" leads the pack IMO.
Now a word from Tejas. Gotta put my vote out for Shiner Bock. Other good Texas beers include St. Arnold's in Houston, with a wonderful Brown Ale and a good summer beer--Lawnmower. Just don't drink and mow. I also agree with the many selections above--there is a real renaissance in local brews that keeps the small businesses alive and well.