Most overrated audio manufacturers?

Thoughts?
lse
Anybody who has amassed a bankroll like That is probably not on the "leading edge" of value.
So, because his company is successful, the products must be a poor value? I learn something new here every day.
I have always thought that MIT and Transparent cables are overrated. I have tried both in my system and they are very overpriced. I have cables from Clear Day that smoke both those cables and is about 75 percent less.
So, because his company is successful, the products must be a poor value? I learn something new here every day.

I think that is not the point. I think he is saying that PS is resting on their laurels. Terms like "prefectwave" are disingenuous because there is nothing perfect, ever.

I have no problem with people making money, but crazy claims and unbelievable profit margins exist in this arena, and it is not good for anyone except the people making the money.
I have no problem with people making money, but crazy claims and unbelievable profit margins exist in this arena
"Unbelievable profit margins" does not make me think of the audio industry. Land development, automotive manufacturing, filmmaking, computer software or site development, defense manufacturing, energy exploration and transport (oil and gas), are some industries where "unbelievable profit margins" are possible but, for the most part, not audio. "Crazy claims" you can find pretty much anywhere.
The "crazy profit margins" are still very much relative within the audio industry. Some companies continue to offer top-drawer products and services at realistic prices and some are preoccupied with the stratosphere. And you could lay as much blame at the feet of those enthusiasts who want to be elitists, buy into the whole "excess" thing and pretty much brag about how much money they've spent as much as you could blame the companies who have found a way to cater to them. But, this is still the land of the free and that's really ok to me in that as long as there are those companies indulging in excess (in terms of both image AND profits), then I'm betting that will continue to create plenty of room for the companies that can competently cater to the rest of us...for just as long as we ourselves continue to buy.