Monitors $1,000 to $2,000?

Category: Speakers

Just getting started here. Currently I am looking at:

o Joseph Audio RM7si MK2s
o Monitor Audio Gold Reference (GR) 10s

It is a mid- to large-sized room so a sub will likely eventually be paired. Music selection will vary widely with an emphasis on Jazz and Blues, most likely sourced from a universal player to be deterimed and amped from either a Unico/ Unison Research or a nicely moded Jolinda 302B.

So...

o Which would your pick be?
o What else should I look at?
o Which amp would you pair with?

Thanks so much!
kahana
Check out the System Audio SA2K at http://www.system-audio.com/showpage.asp?siteid=2&id=312. I discovered these $3500 monitors at the 2002 CES being demoed with the BAT VK300x integrated and haven't heard anything better the past 16 months. I "upgraded" from the $5000 Sonus faber Electa Amator I's that had the Esotar T660 tweeters! The SA2K's use modified Scanspeak Revelator drivers. The highs are sweet and non-fatiguing, the bass is unbelievable down to 40Hz -1.5dB and female vocals in particular sound live. If you want punch & balls using tubes for jazz & blues, these monitors are a must audition. I'm driving them with an all tube Kora Galaxy & Eclipse system. The SA2K's have been listed on A'gon between $1700~$2K.
Thank you for all your replies thus far. This last weekend I auditioned both the Monitor GR10s and Josephs... The GR10s had exceptional imaging and response, but lacked the sweet fullness of the Josephs. I can definitely see the "pipe and slipper" side, but was really impressed with how they (the Josephs) handled a wide range of selections, including several complex symphony passages that have muddied many other top-end monitors I've listened to. More as I go along, and I will check out the other suggestions above!
I currently own the previous version of the Joseph (RM7si signatures),of which I an extremely fond. In my setup (Simaudio I5 & Rega Jupiter2000) the imaging/defintion is outstanding, the response impressive for a modestly priced monitor. I truly beleive the sim is the crucial/critical element in this setup; I have not heard the new 7's or the Monitor Audio, so I can't comment on those. The josephs keep me grinning...period. I will not be looking for another pair of speakers for awhile (unless a pair of Tyler Acoustic Linbrook monitors should happen my way!).
Speaking of, you may want to give the Taylo Reference a listen, I beleive they fall into your price range. Cheers & happy hunting!
Does Green Mountain have a website? Seem to be some real fans but it's hard to get much information on their whole line.