Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Reading a review of a new Pass amp last night I noticed it has NO fuses…I suppose you can add one later...
No speed, clarity or detail is missing it just presents them in a more realistic way. I compared these fuses in my Vac and current Vitus integrated amp and on both occasions the SR just didn't sound coherent as the AH.                                                   
Try both in your system and choose the one that synergizes in your system.

wolf_garcia ...

Following your lead with the "no fuse" idea, I pulled all of the tubes out of my amp last night before starting the listening session.  Man, talk about a quiet background ... I could hear a pin drop. 
If I owned a Pass Labs amplifier, I would definitely add fuses...the more the better...and I would try all of the same type and then one of each, I would also try them in series and then in parallel, and try them in each of two directions and in different orders.  Now I remember why I never bought a Pass Labs amplifier.
I have now about 30h with the AH Platinum (just in one device to hear the difference), no downsides compared to SR Red, more delicate, more "au naturel". Joseph uses a different coating (silver on?) on the fuse than other good fuses. 

/wolf
>> I think you're all insane, but mildly entertaining.
Tell me something we don't know :-) If a Benjamin can make your system (much) more "organic" then so be it, it is very well spent compared to other insane stuff I have. You don't have to rush and buy a dozen like mitch2 (who I believe saves a ton by DIY his own cables), just upstream devices to start with. 
IME fuses have a much higher value/buck than power cords.