Austin TX — February, 2009

Hi,

It seems that there have been several failed attempts to get an Austin Audio Club up and running. I'm willing to give it another shot! Please post here AND message me privately if you're interested.
rebbi
Audio_builder - It's the *Live* Music Capitol of the World.
There's a big group all right, we just never seem to be in the same place at the same time.

I went over to someone's home a couple of weekends ago that I know from another (speaker-specific) forum, just 3 of us total. We listened for about 5 hours and had a great time. We plan to do another later in March at the other guy's house - I'll post then to see if anyone's interested (after I ask the other guy if it's OK, of course).
AUDIO MEET IN AUSTIN

Just passing along some info:

Meet April 2nd from 4-6 pm at Audio Systems in Austin.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=357730&page=3
I am really glad that this is happening and I am going to do my best to attend!

I had tried last fall to get another meeting together. I had visited another, very high-end audio shop in Austin (that shall remain nameless) and they were NOT interested in hosting such a meeting. I then got busy with work and personal matters and just couldn't follow through.

I have a spreadsheet of names of Austin audio folks who were really into the idea of meeting, and I will pass this information along to them, too!

Good deal!
I will be there. I would be interested in getting together and listening to different systems.