Suspensions on turntable...really effective?

Been wondering about this, so did some research, but was surprised I couldn't find any that categorically says that turntable suspensions really isolate/substantially reduce outside vibrations, resonances, etc.

Any reference out there you can point out?

Cheers
diamondears
Hate to put these tables on the spot, but these 2 are reasonably priced (for me)...anybody have an opinion on Michell GyroDec and SOTA Satellite's suspensions? 
GK, Gases are compressible too.  Air is a mixture of gases; would it be so wrong to think of air as a gas?  If so, are the physics of compressing a gas the same as compressing a liquid?  Which is to say, do liquids obey Charles' and Boyle's Laws?  I cannot recall what I undoubtedly learned in college.

You said, "Gases are compressible, too." I Never said they weren’t. Sheesh! Never said air is not a gas, either. Furthermore, I said air is a fluid, not a liquid. Hel-looo! Obviously liquids are not compressible, at least not generally speaking.

Education is what’s left after you forgot what you learned in school.
Geoffkait
You said, "Gases are compressible, too." I Never said they weren’t. Sheesh! Never said air is not a gas, either.
Furthermore, I said air is a fluid, not a liquid. Hel-looo!
Obviously liquids are not compressible, at least not generally speaking.

google is my friend.

A fluid is any substance in which the molecules are free to flow. This includes both gases and liquids.
A liquid is any substance in which molecules are free to flow, and volume is fixed or nearly fixed. Liquids are a subset of fluids.

Hmm
Could this be the reason that Lewm’s "small cans of Mandarin Orange slices in water (sealed, of course) footers" work so well for him and his turntables ? - quote taken from TT for life thread.

Now I think that Lewm uses OTL amplifiers ?
When I was using a couple big OTL monoblocks the temperature in the room would rise - quickly.

So Lewm a question for you out of curiosity.

Are your TT’s (and the footers containing water) in the same room as the amplifiers; and if so have you listened to your rig at say 65 degrees F and at 75 degrees F ? Be interested in any differences you found.

They say sound travels faster in warmer air, but that sound travels farther in colder air. And I know I have read that cartridge designers test out their cartridges at a specific temp and humidity level.
If I am dropping big dollars on a cartridge I would be seeking out this info from the designer.

As posted earlier this really is all about the sum of all the parts - including the room and music listener too.

Thx diamondears for letting me ramble. Took my mind off of markets, our dollar..for a bit anyway.

btw- an Audiogon search on those two tables in your last post produced many forum entries of info.

Happy Listening