Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Geared4me,
The Cable Company is taking orders now for their initial shipment of  this new product. Expected delivery is 10 to 14 days. 

Keith, 
You're correct, so far  the SR fuses at each level have lived up to the hype and continue to improve. 

Oregonpapa, 
I agree, life is good,  and I never take that for granted. 
Charles, 
Oregonpapa ,
We seem to have very similar taste in music. 
Given the size of your music collection you may already own it but I will suggest it anyway. 
The Thelonious Monk recording I'd mentioned yesterday  is "Live At The Jazz Workshop". I think you'd really like it if you enjoy Monk. Another one from him is "Live At The It Cclub" Both are stereo recordings from the early 1960s. The energy and soul are palpable. 
Charles, 
Oregonpapa:

I am glad the audio grade fuses have made such a dramatic impact on your your system.
  Synergistic Research has not been "selling their souls" to develop these products .Instead they spend a great deal of time with multiple prototypes and multi person listening sessions to get the sonic signature they want. It basically is a product of advanced thinking combined with hard work .

We are the beneficiaries of this process of product development.

knghifi:

I applaud you for taking a break from system evaluation listening. 

geared 4 me:

I have ordered Synergistic Research products from the following with excellent results.
High End Electronics- Alfred and Betty Kainz, Apple Valley, Ca.
Scott Walker Audio, Anaheim, Ca.
David Weinhart Designs, Los Angeles, Ca.
The Cable Company, New Hope, Pen.

All of the above companies have given me excellent service when ordering Synergistic Research products. All have been excellent observing Synergistic Research's return policy!

I look forward to reading about the changes the "Black" fuses make. 
In the three systems I am responsible for maintaining and optimizing, two use "RED" fuses and one uses the original Synergistic Research 20 fuses.

David Pritchard

David ...

The fact that SR continues to improve their products is a reflection of the competitive nature of a capitalistic system wherein improvement is necessary or a competitor will create that improvement and out of business you go. Who benefits?  Well, the business that provides the most benefit for the end consumer ... and the end consumer/user. That's us. After all, money is nothing more than a scoreboard reflection on one's service to others. Its the old adage: Help enough people get what THEY want, and you will get what YOU want in return.  So, let's hope that the good folks at SR makes a TON of profits off of their products and continues to lead the field with these wonderful, effective fuses. Bring on the Black ones. And then perhaps the Purple ones after that.

Charles ...

I first got into jazz as a teenager though listening to Rhythm & Blues. This was before the guitar replaced the saxophone as the usual lead instrument as it did with the "White" music of Elvis, the Beatles, etc.  So, it was just a natural progression from the saxophones of Earl Bostic, Joe Houston and Big Jay McNeely ... right into Chu Berry, Ben Webster, Lester Young ... and then into Paul Desmond, Cannonball Adderley, John Coltrane and more. 

When I first heard Monk, my reaction was very similar to that of Louis Armstrong when he first heard Charlie Parker and Diz playing BeBop ... "I hate it ... it sounds like Chinese music!" *lol*

I couldn't stand Monk with his discordant poundings on the ivory. But then ... but THEN ... as I started listening more critically to his playing I began to understand what he was trying to do. As time progressed, I came to realize just how great of a genius he truly was. At this point, I have a lot of Monk's music, both solo and with groups. I don't however have those two recordings you mentioned. I'll check them out. Thanks.

Another genius of the piano ... Bud Powell. I love his music too. A true master of the bebop piano style.