jolida vs. ASL

which do you prefer and why? will be driving a pair of triangles.
fickle75

I am a dealer for Jolida, Klipsch, and Music Hall. The initial Jolida models had some quality issues. That has been quite a few years ago. They have changed factories, and have improved quality as well as quality control- so a JD202A amp would not be nearly as good an amp as the JD202BRC. And their current Fusion amps are madeĀ  very well. These amps compare well with ASL and Prima Luna and others. Find reviews on audioreview. You will find some mentioning comparing Jolida to more expensive amps including CJ and selecting the Jolida. Opinions are not the same as facts. IN a certain price range most all products would be comparable in quality- that is logic. As for sound- amps can be "tuned" to sound strong in bottom range, rounded in top end, strong in mids, etc. One then selects what sounds best. While the JD302BRC amp is no longer available it will sound sweeter than anything ASL has at same comparable price. You will also find on audioreview that customer reviews for Jolida gear are much better than consumer reviews of Rogue Audio which is made in USA. Jolida is no longer using Chinese made tubes- that was quite a few years ago. Use EH and Tungsol tubes today. CJ uses EH tubes because of reliability. And warranty for Jolida gear is handled in USA. There is not a USA distributor, but the company Jolida has home office operation in Maryland. Part of the work is done in China, and part done in USA> buy with confidence. The amps sound amazingly clear and natural considering the price. Excellent Value! Period.

see petery-hedden web site. Bob Anderson

In my opinion Jolida is hard to beat at its price point. I have had in the past a JD1000, JD-100 CD player and preamp (Don't remember model). Yes there is better but and the customer support was fantastic. I had to send the JD1000 back to the factory and they sent me a new one pronto.

Bobs post above is spot on. Very well said.