Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Well, my audiophile guest kind of hit the nail on the head. He said that he heard the hardness in the highs and also described the sound in comparison with the RED fuses as "pinched." Also commented that the system had lost its effortless musical flow ... and that the system sounded as though it "was working." 

With that said, I'm still hearing a lot of promise in these BLACK fuses. The're not even close to breaking in, so time will tell. The RED fuses continued improving for a couple of weeks before they really were at their best. 

Stay tuned ... tomorrow is another day. 
oregonpapa;
Thanks for passing on that information.
Very well done!
Hopefully with more break-in the Black will better the Red.
I anxiously wait to hear more...
Did you feel that there is an improvement more in an audiophile way, but lacking involvement > over the Red fuse?

Being more detailed and hearing more from the black fuse usually  shift instruments closer or seemingly closer due to the new clarity, does staging become more forward?

Camping to hear your further great  reports, Oregonpapa.

This comparison reminds me of the disappointment I had with the HiFi Tuning Silver Supremes. For me, they weren't as nice as the Gold series before them, so I moved to the Furutechs, then the SR 20 and now, the Reds-best yet. 

Oregonpapa:
Very nice real time report.

The Synergistic Research products with UEF technology, take 100 hrs for the UEF to synergise with a system. So we should anticipate a longer break in period.

Your report reminds me to install the fuses first on my headphone system and leave it on for 5 days before listening.

Break in is a fascinating and often frustrating process.

This is why the 30 day Synergistic Research return policy is so important. There is for me simply no worry about these fuses. They will go in the system- get a lot of hours on them.Then their direction changed once to see if that is an improvement and then removed and compared to the REDS.

My wife Jean is a world class cook with her Viking oven. I do not open the oven door and take a taste test of her fabulous roast turkey every hour or her indescribably good pecan pie while it is in the oven.

I patiently wait in the kitchen with our two Corggi dogs until it is time to enjoy.