I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
Total BS, Rolex’s are as ugly and tacky as sin , to make SURE others know what it is ! Nobody with any taste whatsoever would wear one

unlike Rolex buyers who simply have mafia level taste

schubert, those above are two examples of truly silly over reaching biased generalizations.
at least buy an elegant Omega like mine
As to my Seamaster  ,it was willed to me by a beloved Uncle which is the sole reason I have not sold it and given the proceeds to  Save the Children
You are full of contradictions aren't ya.

testy, ALL humans are full of contradictions, you are just plain full of it.

I collect watches, prefer mechanical ones, and have little interest in Rolex watches since they’re so damned expensive (last year nearly bought a Tudor Pelagos as I wanted a titanium watch…instead scored an older Oris Lume tt1 Titanium "new with tags" for WAY less and it's cooler…seriously...) and somewhat common…not unlike "high end" audio, there are MANY watch companies that I feel make stuff that’s more interesting than Rolex (note that Rolex makes about a million watches a year). McIntosh gear sort of IS the Rolex of audio…in all the right and wrong ways. A note about Seiko…my first water resistant watch was a "Seiko 5" my mother bought me in 1964 so I’d know when to paddle in from surfing (Honolulu…many waves break on a reef pretty far out there) to meet her for a ride home. Recently bought the 50’th anniversary Seiko 5 automatic…beautiful thing…under 200 bucks. That’s cheap even for me! My fabulous sounding Jolida 502p?…don’t get me started...
"Well, let's see, when was the last time you found yourself at 100 m or at 10 Atmospheres pressure? Take your time, you don't have to answer right away.

Any time you dive into a pool with a watch on it will experience pressure equivalent of 100m at water impact."

If that were actually true Olympic 10 meter platform divers' heads would be crushed on entry into the water.  Besides when you dive into the water the watch is orthogonal to the direction of motion.

When was the last time you surfed? My dive watches really get slammed when I surf with them (I'm an old longboarder…3rd in my Senior Longboarder contest rating a few years ago)…orthogonal my ass, but mostly I use dive watches and chronographs to determine elapsed time when grilling food as they are designed to withstand the intense pressure from eaters.