Question: Need Help with Cover Art Not Being Displayed on the Aurender N10 Music Server

My dealer ran my LaCie hard drive files through JRiver software to ensure everything was okay (it was).  I then copied my LaCie hard Drive files to my Aurender. When competed, all the files were there but the album cover art was missing.  

As instructed by the dealer, I ran the files through the Aurender Media Manager to create an index. I then connected the LaCie hard drive to the Aurender and it ran for maybe 30 minutes.  I was hoping it would enable the album cover art but it did not.  The album cover art is missing from the display but all the albums are listed correctly (and play okay).

And, yes, I also checked iTunes on my MAC Book Pro computer and confirmed the album art is still on the LaCie hard drive. All my album cover art displayed perfectly using iTunes.

I am waiting for my dealer to call me with a solution for the missing cover art.  Does anyone know what I should do to get the album cover art displayed on the Aurender?  Am I missing a process that needs to be run?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

hgeifman
hgeifman,
Well done!!! Really glad that Doug's scripts did the trick. Many on the computeraudiophile forum have recommended Dougscripts for many situations. 
Your detailed instruction in your last post will be beneficial to many former iTunes users who buy other servers than Aurender as well. The issue will likely be the same for most types of servers.
Enjoy your Aurender.  I'm jealous! Cheers,
Spencer
Spencer,  Thanks.  My Aurender N10 Music Server is a welcomed addition to my system. The ability to switch back and forth between Tidal and my stored albums in the App is now a very easy process (one mouse click). The Aurender iPAD app is much easier to use than my MAC Book Pro computer.   It was also very easy to install and setup. My system sounds more open, more natural, clearer, better base and I am happy I purchased the unit.

Yes, the addition of a music sever in a system is a little more complicated but the instructions I provided above should get you started. Actually, it is not that difficult to transfer the music to the Aurender. You attach your external drive to the Aurender and it copies everything over. The problem is that iTunes DOES NOT make it easy to get the album cover art. However, this is not a problem if you are using J River since it includes the album cover art in the song folder (please verify & check the JPG file naming). However, if you are using iTunes, you install and run the "Save Album Art as folder.jpg v3.4” script ($1.99) and the cover problem is solved.

Please remember that if some of your albums do NOT have cover art, you have to manually add the metadata. I plan on starting this process shortly. You Google the album name, find the image and copy and paste to the Aurender song folder. The Aurender iPAD app is much easier to use if your albums have cover art. I am looking for an automated process to do this but I do not think it is available.

As you probably know, setting up a MAC or PC computer has its own set of complications. The only problem is the you are using iTunes and not J River. In any case, the $1.99 script solves the iTunes JPG problem. The Aurender image files MUST BE CODED as Folder.JPG and included in the same folder as the album songs. The "Save Album Art as folder.jpg v3.4” script handles this.  cheers.
knghifi, Thanks.  As I described above, I finished manually updating my album cover art on my Aurender. I connected my MAC Book Pro computer to my Aurender and found my stored albums under etc (Finder, Go, Connect to Server, type in IP address, user name and password).

I checked each album and for those albums missing an image, I Googled the album name plus "CD Image". In most cases, I found the album cover art I needed (if not, I added more words to the search) . I then moved the image to the desktop and changed the file name to "Folder.jpg". I then moved the Folder.jpg file to the last song on the list so that it was included as the next line item. The average time was around 2-4 minutes per album and I did not have that many to do. I checked my iPad and all my album cover art was displayed correctly. I know that "Album Art Downloader" (described above)  is a more automated way to do this but I felt more comfortable doing it manually.

The process is vey easy but it takes some time depending on the number of albums. Please NOTE that if you are using iTunes, you should first download the Extract to Folder.jpg Script from Doug Scripts (Cost is $1.99). This script is recommended since it stores the album image in the correct location and includes the correct name (Folder.jpg) for handling by the Aurender.  

I also installed two AC mains duplex: 20A, Cryogenically treated, Rhodium plated contacts wall plugs.  And, yes, much to my surprise, they made a noticable difference.  The system is more quiet, less background noise and I heard it immediately.  These Rhodium plated contacts wall plugs are recommended ($47 each).  I purchased them from James Romeyn (see link below).

I also purchased his “Pure Grid POWer” Outlet Strip/AC Mains Extender ($429).  This unit has 4 Cryogenically treated, Rhodium plated contacts wall plugs (same as above) and I use it for my two mono amplifiers and my DAC. My Aurender Server is plugged direct into the Rhodium plated contacts wall plug.  This is electrical power with no surge protection or power conditioning.  It is just like plugging my amplifier and DAC direct into the wall plug.  The Pure Grid POWer” AC outlet extender is also recommended. See link below.

http://jamesromeyn.com/#/home-audio-gear/

I backed up my Aurender files to my LaCie hard drive & also to my Seagate hard drive. I spent too much time building my album database so I backed it up twice.