Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Hi Charles1dad,  thankyou for a good response post,  you have told me more of what I wanted to know than most of the post on this thread,  down to the changes these sr-black's go through,  cheers Charles1dad. 
And I meant to thank you, Charles. You're right that if there were problems with these fuses we would have heard about it. Audiophiles are a vocal lot.
lowrider 57:
I think you are going to be very happy with your CD player and amp. With upgraded fuses in these two locations I believe you will experience a much improved sense of the music flowing.

I look forward to your thoughts after the break in period.

David Pritchard
It's ok, Roguemodel, you are new to the site.  This is not a fuse-bashing thread--it's for folks who are sharing the positive results of after-market fuses so that others may try them with confidence. This is how the forum is used to help one another.  You can start a separate topic on your feelings and perceptions, and others will show up to agree with you so that you can always be right.   

jafreeman,

I agree, he should simply begin a thread on the futility of premium aftermarket fuses. He will attract like minded opinions who also believe our  "many"shared experiences expressed here are merely make believe foolishness. This thread can remain for those who've tried the fuses or are interested. This way both sides are served. Count me out for any heated back and forth battles, waste of everyone's time in my opinion.

Charles,