I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
If the American people knew what I have done, they would hunt me down and kill me and audiophiles are getting harder to please. Hold on! the mic is on and we are live? Ok, please disregard this previous statement. This is not about building better sounding gear but rather establishing a better relationship with you. So what is wrong with McIntosh gear?
I just joined this site a few days ago. The reason I did is because I wanted to learn as much as I can about audio equipment as it has become a passionate hobby of mine. How disappointed I am to see a string of posts such as this one. A few of those who posted had valid good information. The rest however, had zero value to me and was an insult to my sensibility. Really!!!!! Some of it was like a childish playground bully session. How is it of value to audio lovers to go off on watches and cars and slam products you probably have little or no knowledge of? Wouldn't it have been easier to post information intended to educate interested folks with the same passion instead of popping off and showing your ignorance? I'm sure my post will infuriate some but I don't care. I will not be aware of your replies because I won't be back on this string. As soon as I finish my 2 cents worth here, I'm going to shut down my MA-452 powering my B&W 802D 2's, choose which Rolex to wear,  put the top down on my CLK-350 and go for a drive. It's a beautiful day here. Too bad I probably won't enjoy it because I have such s****y taste choosing such substandard products in all categories. Oh well, maybe I'm the ignorant one. Anyone want all of my crap for free?

skelton, Such is the nature of the audiophile forum, you too will learn to chuckle at  the cat fighting and snarkiness. McIntosh is not the only brand to polarize so, but it must be at the very top. You don't need others validation to enjoy your choices, just self confidence, which I'm sure you possess and will realize as soon as you get back from your drive and start listening to your rig. Enjoy
Having said all this, I do dig that damn McIntosh turntable that glows…more tables with thick acrylic platters should glow…love that sort of thing...
wolf_Garcia, I would agree, it is pretty cool stuff and if you don't own a turtable with a glowing platter than you should string a set of blinking Christmas lights around your rig just for the effect!