Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Thanks! for the update oblgny.

Yes, big fan of Transparent cabling here as well. I am very fortunate to have heard almost every model in the MM2 catalog, including, the all-mighty OPUS series!

I feel that the best investment w/ this company lies in its trade-up program. Nothing else like it! The middle of the chain is very sweet and the best place to start your musical journey, IMO.

Happy Listening!

Hi jafant,

I have a pair of Thiel CS2.4SE (the last pair made actually).  This was my upgrade from a pair of Thiel CS2 I bought in 1988.  I had been looking for a new pair of speakers for about 5 years, but nothing seemed to outperform (to my ears) the 2's until the 2.4's came along.

FYI, about the SE run: they only made 91 of the anticipated 150 pairs.  I got this info from Lana Ruth directly.  The run was cancelled during the time of flux in the company, due to the restructuring, and a lack of interest from their declining dealer network.

I'm very happy with the speakers.  These will probably be the last pair I own, unless I win the lotto and seek out a pair of 3.7's (to complement the new music room)...

Cheers,
Warren

Nice! Warren.

which #'s do you own? I have #'s 177 and 178. I love these speakers!
My initial audition was w/ #'s 50 and 51 about 3 years ago.
So rich in sound and presentation. Only if you have a very large listening space (20x20, 25x25 or 30x30) should you seek out the CS 3.7 model.
Plus, the massive amp(s) to drive them properly. Happy Listening!
Another query-
Warren, what other gear, including cabling, is in your system?
Like I said: lotto = new music room. The speakers are 181 and 182. So yours are the 89th pair (pretty much the end of the line).

If we must talk about the system details, here’s the analogue chain:
Ortofon Cadenza Red > SME Series IV > Oracle Delphi > Graham Slee Reflex C > Kimber Hero > Parasound P7 > Kimber Hero XLR > Mark Levinson No.27 > Monster Powerline 2 > Thiel CS 2.4SE

Oppo BDP-95 (7.1 analogue out)
Apple Mac Mini
Parasound A52 (5-ch.)
Parasound Zhd (HDMI switch)
Thiel MCS1 (centre)
PSB Imagine Mini (surrounds)
SVS SB12-NSD (subs)

Cheers,
Warren