CD/SACD Player. I know there are many threads but I still would like help.

I'm fairly new to this insanity so please talk slowly. Haha.

My system is-  Bel Canto Pre2
                        Parasound JC-1 Mono Amps
                        Exogal Comet with Power supply
                        Arcam FMJ CD 23
                        Panamax 5500 regenerator
                        Usher 8571 Diamond speakers

This is a 2 channel music only system. I am happy with the Arcam cd player but i would like to play SACD also. If I change players i would probably want a substantial upgrade but i'd rather not put a dollar amount to it. I have a good DAC so what direction should i go in?  Help please. Mike Houstina
128x128bubba12
I will check out the Marantz. I just received the Ushers a couple days ago. So far I like them. I haven't had a lot of listening time. I'm starting to doubt whether I need a SACD player. Maybe I'll live without SACD. I don't have that many. 

Thanks, 
.                   Mike Houstina

Just wondering if you realize that a SACD player will not output its digital DSD stream for conversion into a standalone DAC - you must use the DAC inside the player to listen to them. Unless you can extract the digital stream from the SACD and load it onto a server to play it, you will not be able to use the Exogal when playing SACD's.

Will other members please chime on this?

if you are happy with what you have, and just want to try SACD, I agree with elevick that you should try an older, less expensive player...then if you get hooked on SACD you will have a decision to make. The Lexicon RT-20 plays great SACD, and they are currently inexpensive
@seasoned. I did not know that. Thanks for that information. Maybe the SACD is not going to be of great importance to me. i guess I could have it hooked into the preamp but it seems like a lot of money and trouble for the few SACD's I've acquired. Thanks, Mike Houstina