Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Yes--happy customers should be what matters most in this hobby of being made happy by dramatically presented music.  Everyone should get what he or she wants from the audio industry and marketplace--what else would be the point?  Geoffkait, your product line should come with an open guarantee e.g., "Whenever in your life you realize you have been duped, your money will be cheerfully refunded." But, since most noob audiophiles can't find their ass with both hands within 30 days, your profit margin has probably remained fairly safe. 

The key to sucess (and wealth) is to help as many people get what THEY want first. If one does that, then one gets what one wants almost every time in return.  Another old adage ... "Money is nothing more than a scoreboard reflection of one's service to others."  

http://highend-electronics.com/products/audio-magic-premiere-beeswax-super-fuse

Here are some normal fuses pumped with bees wax, but I found that if I saved my ear wax and injected it, it was soooo much better, the difference was night and day, and my ears were cleaned out as a bonus.

Cheers George

Perhaps even more relevant to this thread is the description (on the same page) of Audio Magic’s Premier Super Fuse. Please note use of blackout powder in the Premier Super Fuse. Sound familiar? Is that ringing any bells for anybody? Apparently and I hate to jump to any conclusions here but SR was not the first one to use carbon for EMI/RFI rejection/absorption in fuses.

Audio Magic Premiere SUPER fuse:
The Audio Magic Premiere SUPER fuse incorporates Audio Magic’s anti vibration fluid to stop the element from vibrating at 50/60 hz and then the blackout powder super mix to absorb all EMI and RFI riding the element as well as ambient sources and insert a new HRC core which allows the signal to travel through the fuse in a more cohesive and linear manner. The Premier SUPER fuse is 30% better than the Audio Magic’s original SUPER fuse in every way!

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica
we do artificial atoms right!

Jafreeman wrote,

" Geoffkait, your product line should come with an open guarantee e.g., "Whenever in your life you realize you have been duped, your money will be cheerfully refunded." But, since most noob audiophiles can't find their ass with both hands within 30 days, your profit margin has probably remained fairly safe."

Relax, it's only a hobby.  Nothing to get all twitchy about. 

Geoff Kait
machina dramatica