Who remembers the Dahlquist DQ-10's?

My first pair of "high-end" speakers.  Power hungry critters but what I would give for an updated pair.  I powered these with a Peavey CS-400 and a Maccomack Deluxe Line drive passive preamp!!  Those were the days!  Young and dumb I suppose?
128x128kenny928
Whart - I too spent time in NY, Angelica then Rochester and from there to Maine.  Glad I left because the gun laws got out of control.  Now, I spend my time between Canada and Maine for work.  Off to Paris tomorrow then Calais.
Sbank - I grew up in Malvern and when I am back in town I will most certainly look you up. 
Small world for sure.
I owned a pair back in the day, and enjoyed them very much. I drove them with a Bryston amp. one of my sources was a Nakamichi 600 cassette deck – what a beauty!
I first heard them at the Sound Center in the San Fernando Valley. They were playing a recording (vinyl of course) of Big Bill Broonzy. Man, that guitar was twanging the blues for real. Great speaker, indeed.
Samhar---what was the name of that small chain of Hi-Fi shops in SoCal, one of which Randy operated (the one in Venice) before starting Optimal Enchantment? I was a customer at the one on Sherman Way in Woodland Hills, at the North end of the San Fernando Valley. DCM Time Windows, NAD, etc.---high value, budget high-end brands. I still have my Eagle 2A and Dahlquist DQ-LP1 x/o! The Dahlquists always seemed to me be an attempt to make a dynamic version of the original Quad, which it sure looked like.
Yes, no secret the DQ-10 copied the exterior design of the Quad 57.

Early versions of the DQ-10 were produced with the same driver array for both channels, a common practice at the time.  A local dealer, Audio Directions, developed a few mods, including the mirror image array, later adopted by the factory.  I never knew if Jon Dahlquist was influenced by the store's demo or not?  Also it was popular to replace that Motorola tweeter.  And someone developed a wood box base that could be opened to the woofer to create a larger back cavity to extend the bass.

I remember being impressed by the demo at that store, but they were just out of my reach so I settled for early Vandersteen 2s.