VPI TNT Turntables

Many years ago I owned a VPI HW-19 Jr turntable + Sumiko Premier FT arm, which I soon replaced with a Merrill Heirloom + ET2. After may years of digital reproduction, I wish to go back to analog reproduction and I would like to buy a VPI TNT with, again, the ET2 arm. Unfortunately (or fortunately), many models/upgrades exist for TNT. Therefore, I would be very grateful if some experts of TNTs could describe the sound/performance variation from TNT Jr to most recent ones so as to help me in my choice. 

Thank you very much!

Luca
luca58
If consistent motor speed doesn't equate to consistent platter speed how can inconsistent motor speed equate to consistent platter speed??
Why would the motor speed on your unit be inconsistent????

wait for it

wait for it

oh because the platter speed changed!
oh because the platter speed changed!
By the time you realize it, or your feedback system realizes it to try to adjust for it, it is too late. An adjustment can "adjust" for it after the fact, but it will not really "correct" it. The cat (or error) is already out of the bag.  I guess this lag between finding the error and trying to adjust for it after the fact could be minimized if the sampling was more frequent. Better would be to have an inherently accurate and precise setup. But difficult or impossible to do.

I think we have gotten far afield of helping the OP with his decision or search.
@phoenixengr  Although your comments are appreciated by some including me, they will be far better appreciated if you identify yourself in every post by signing as a party with a commercial interest. 
It comes off pretty lame to read a string of posts that point to the benefits of your product without you telling us that you sell a product. 
FWIW, I've heard great feedback on your speed controller! No ill will intended. Cheers,
Spencer
sbank-

Understood.  My initial comments had nothing to do with speed controllers, I was curious about why a putatively undersized flywheel seems to make such a difference in SQ.  Somehow, the thread got pulled in the direction of arguing over the physics of speed control.  I don't mind sharing my knowledge of that subject, except with people who refuse to learn anything from the exchange (it's difficult to make people understand something when they already know so much).