Obscure bands

Does anyone know a band called City Boy? (70's/80's)Very obscure and very original. It's beyond Me how such great talent goes so unnoticed! Also please chime in on other obscure talented musicians.

128x128arcam88
Black Kangaroo. Lead guitarist Peter is brother of Jefferson Airplane's Jorma Kaukonen. 
I have seen Big Head Toad and the Monsters a few times. In South Florida, we had some really good bands that never made it nationally. Don't forget Chase, the hard driving horn band that lost members in a plane crash after three albums. their leader, Bill  Chase, was not only surpassing Maynard Ferguson as THE supreme screaming trumpet player, but all my rock buddy fans liked his Chicago/Blood,Sweat and Tears type rock arrangement, too. Before he started this band, Woody Herman picked him up and added, "...and The Thundering Herd" to his band title. 
Bdp, 

You got me on The Halibuts, which is kind of a bummer because that's a "top ten ever" name for a rock band, IMO.

I actually considered mentioning both 13th Floor Elevators (Roky Erickson) and Romeo Void (Debora Iyall), but figured both got too much press from the music rags of the day to qualify as truly obscure.

Maybe a case could be made for Destroy All Monsters, the pride of Ann Arbor, Michigan along with Freddy "Sonic" Smith's Sonic Rendevouz band (as well as the better known MC5).

I mentioned a few spin-offs in an earlier post to this thread and I'll add one more:  Wild Turkey, of Jethro Tull lineage via Glenn Cornick, IIRC.

Los Straightjackets = mucho awesome. :) Big fan. Those boys can play, too.