Obscure bands

Does anyone know a band called City Boy? (70's/80's)Very obscure and very original. It's beyond Me how such great talent goes so unnoticed! Also please chime in on other obscure talented musicians.

128x128arcam88
Hey arcam...
Yes, I did note the similarity to Paul Rodgers on certain tracks (and Robert Plant as well).  Their drummer has Bonham down too.

Watched a few You Tube videos.  Not sure if Keep on Swinging & Electric Man are more recent.  Maybe they represent what sells plastic these days but I thought both cuts were a simpler, more repetitive and less imaginative than stuff off Time & Pressure and an EP I listened to.  SQ aside, I might end up getting T&P.  

You are correct, a new release, "Hollow Bones" is scheduled for June 10.  

Thanks for turning me on to Rival Sons.  Still have a bunch of other stuff from your list to check out.
ghousthouse,
I checked out a little verbena. I love the raw and unpolished sound.
I think you would like Jet and Hero jr. Also
Arcam, I have Moxy, Pallas, Jet, Spock's Beard, Roadmaster, Porcupne Tree, Spock's Beard, Triumvirat, an Richie Kotzen.

I have heard Gary Hoey, Monster Magnet, Screamin Cheetah Wheelies, The Good Rats, Vinnie Moore, Velvet Revolver and Vandenberg.

I have heard of most of the others.

ghosthouse, i can't believe that you (of all people) haven't actually heard the meat puppets--really one of the great alt bands of the 80s. II and up on the sum are their indisputable classics; their later major label stuff was good but started veering from their unique brainfried desert psychedelia into a more commercial zz top-ish direction.

arcam, good list--some of your picks have stumped even the most obsessive of us.

Loomis - Duly chastened !  I will check them out.  The only explanation I can give is that for a big part of the '80s I was listening to WXPN public radio out of the U. of Pennsylvania a lot.  If they, or WNEW out of NYC or WMMR out of Phila. weren't playing it, it wasn't on my radar.  Will look 'em up and give 'em a go.