Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Its also too short to be counting peoples posts.

I'm trying to cut back by not arguing with you Geoffkait.    That should buy me a  few years.....

mapman
13,416 posts
06-24-2016 3:46pm
"Its also too short to be counting peoples posts.

I'm trying to cut back by not arguing with you Geoffkait.   That should buy me a few years....."

right. Starting right now.

:-)

There are currently no dealers or distributors in either Canada or the US, but I just have to mention one brand that is considered by some to be the very best or at least among a few very best transistor designs. It is Gryphon Audio based in Denmark. I never auditioned them only read about them. I suppose, you could get them from a European dealer and have  Gryphon convert the voltage. There are not many Gryphons in the US and almost no-one ever sells them.
Think rinpoche has wanted to audition anything she is/has considered;  how would she be able to do this with the Gryphon given what you stated? 
There's some Gryphon equipment for sale here; don't want to speak for rinpoche but the prices are even higher than Lamm which seemed problematic