Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Sounds like a cool concept- I guess this is one of many reasons why the CS 2.4/ 2.4 SE models incorporated a passive radiator to accentuate the 8" driver. I have not heard any of these older models by Thiel- only the most current ones.
Unsound...

Thanks for your thoroughly enlightening information!  By far and away the most informative I've received or have been able to read about them. 

I should make it clear that I had/have absolutely no qualms regarding the bass output of these speakers in the first place. In fact I think they are unbeatable in more respects than any other speaker I have owned, period. At their used prices they are an utter steal. My first pair of them cost $800 and I drove 250 miles to pick them up from a fellow member. I hooked 'em up and experienced one of my very few "wow" moments. I forget what amp/pre setup I had at the time but I became a zealot at that moment. 

That pair went to my nephew who still has them. I had to repair one of the mids before handing them. 

My current pair cost me $350 from a fellow member and I drove 95 miles to get them. Absolutely the best money I've spent on anything. The Audiogon BB shows an average of around $900, which is higher than what they're actually going for. Unfortunately most of them costing that and below are in poor shape. I'm currently looking for another pair to keep for parts. 

Anyway, my inquiry regarding the implementation of the sub was not proposed as a means of improving anything, nor adding anything I feel is lacking.  These are excellent speakers, period. I have this sub...just tinkering. 

I always scan the site for 3.6's and above, but I also seek a geographically desirable location when I do. No eBay sellers, thank you. It's somewhat of a shame that I only found out about this brand after Mr. Thiel passed away. 
These are extraordinarily difficult speakers to beat at any price. 

My favorite amp to drive them?  Pass Labs X150.5. Like a schmuck I sold that. 

Thanks again!