Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
On another topic, has anyone heard both CS5i's or 5's, and CS7.2's?  If so, your impressions of these two big Thiels?
I'm considering the 7.2's at present.
TY- michaeljbrown

I am a Transparent cabling fan as well.  There are so many brands that I will probably never demo...depressing...

Audioquest  does sound very good on Thiel speakers.
I have not heard any of the older speakers- CS5 or CS 7.2.
Thanks! again- oblgny-

I learn from you guys as well. This is what a hobby and being a hobbiest, is all about in practice.  Happy Listening!
I've used Anti-Cables too but their stiffness creates issues of their own which are more esthetic than sonic.  I think the most dramatic or at least discernible immediate differences I experienced were with the Goertz cables and the Transparent. I still have both brands on hand but it's only the Transparent that I have 100% throughout with; if I'm going to fairly compare results  I'll start with the Goertz. 

Sometime.  

I've not heard the CS5's but a pair pops up on the site every once in a while for about $3k which is just a stupid good deal. Unfortunately they're on the other side of the country.  Typically Thiel sales require local pickup because of their weight, so opportunity rarely presents itself perfectly.  Sigh. 

Of course they would require more power than I currently have but that ain't stopped me before from purchasing anything. I can always drag out my Pioneer SX1050 receiver as a stop gap while I search.  

And I have listened to it through the Thiels before. My, how we suffer here sometimes!