Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
lowrider:

Thank you for a most interesting post. I am glad you auditioned the fuse in both directions.

Too much detail - and the emotional response to this change. This is a fascinating situation. The RED fuse does have less detail and background noise reduction than the Black. I hope you will send the Black fuse back for a refund. Synergistic Research is very serious about wanting you to return the fuse if it does not help.

In my system I preferred a Black fuse in the CD player and in the Tube amp over a Red in the CD player and a Black in the amp.

barbapapa's point idea may well work but it is difficult to return an Audio Magic fuse. It may be your system is now "there" from an emotional satisfaction standpoint. After replacing my fuses I did benefit from a small readjustment of speaker toe in. 

What is the value of the amp fuse? 

David Pritchard
Again with the 30 day return policy. Everyone and his brother has a 30 day return policy. Or a 60 day return policy. Hel-loooo! Why would it be difficult to return an Audio Magic fuse? Doesn’t make sense. Betty seems like a nice person who wouldn't be difficult to deal with. Judge Judy says if it doesn’t make sense it’s not true.
What is the value of the amp fuse?
David, the photo I looked at of the rear panel of the Sunfire 300 amp indicates that the mains fuse is a type MDA-10, which I'm pretty certain is a 10 amp 250 volt 6.3 x 32 mm slow blow fuse.

Regards,
-- Al

Fuse amps are SR Black  6x32 mm 10A.  AM Beeswax 1,6 A for the Pre, that will be replaced soon by the new AM Beeswax SHD ordered with another SHD to come for the TT's PSU
SR Black in the DAC.
Sunfire OEM AC Line Fuse is 10 amp / 32 V fast blow. I replaced with SR 10 amp, 250 V fast blow.