Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
saffron_boots

I want to say that Stereophile reviewed and measured the CS 3.7 loudspeaker. I will try to decipher the exact issue #
Tomic601,,,,I would advise to be careful of the tilt.  Floors are generally not level, and the difference accurate alignment is ...especially on phase correct speakers... is very noticeable.  Get a laser pen, put it on top of the left speaker, move it left/right to shine on the opposite wall.  Put a post-it on that wall, mark an X where the laser is.....do the other side and raise/lower one speaker to match the X on the wall. 
jafant,

i know that Thiel crossed it over at 300 Hz and sloped it off accordingly to around 70 Hz. But i was really wondering about the physical capability of the driver.  i.e. If you were to create a mini monitor with it, alone, what could be the usable response as a "full range" driver?  
Interesting query- saffron_boots

I do not have an answer. Have you tried a google search?
The seller of the 2.4's I'm thinking about is going to allow an audition which I will probably be able to schedule this Friday. This will be the very first time I've been able to hear a Thiel before I buy!

The 3.5's are extremely difficult to best - I love 'em.  Then there's this Coda amp on here...