Recos for entry level Bookshelf speaker $400-750 for 21yo nieces first system?

Looking for recommendations for a bookshelf speaker for a system I am buying my 21 yr old niece in DC. Will be used for all kinds of music, much from IPhone via Bluetooth or from Mac. Speaker should work on a shelf or tv stand so port forward or be closed. Amp will be NAD D3020 or similar small form of 30-40 w RMS.  Not necessarily audiophile but good musical sound. Have read about PBS, Elac, others. I live in HI so can't hear any of these. I appreciate any and all responses.

joekapahulu
ELAC  B5/6 or Unify 5 depending on budget, PS Audio sprout for a very compact system making no apologies at triple the 1-1.5 k investment...total!
Own the PSB Image B4's and they are very impressive sounding small speakers. Fit and finish first class. Used under $200 pr. if you can find a pr. for sale. Rear ported.  Check out the Imagine Mini as well.
I went to the Newport Beach audio show and listened to a ton of very high end speakers.  Then I came to this one room with Silverline Audio Minuet Supreme speakers.  I was blown away how such a small speaker could sound so good.  I ended up buying my son a pair of the entry level speakers for $600.  He absolutely loves them and they are small.  I then went to the Elac room which were super highly touted.  I thought the Silverline speakers blew the Elac's away.  The Minuet Supreme had a little more richness in the sound.  You should at least do some research on these speakers.  For the size and cost, I think they are great.  I think they are $700.  They are out of California.