Last generation receiver to pair with oppo BDP-95

Could someone point me in the right direction? I am looking for a non HDMI 5.1 receiver to run a setup for a small room with b&w 685's all around. I would pair this with the oppo bdp-95 and use the analog outs for decoding. What receivers could I look at on the used market that would have the best audio? I would be looking for 5.1 only as i have no room for two extra speakers.

I have the stereo outs of the oppo going to my bryston amp and driving some modified DQ-10's.

Thanks for the help.

AAnative
aanative
"How about the elite 59txi?"

Just did a search for the Pioner Elite VSX-59TXi and it sure is a beast(68.4LBS). An msrp of $4500.00 sure would make it a flagship model of that era(2005). If it is for sale in your price range then go for it, the specs and reviews are very impressive.

Bill
Don't mean to confuse or complicate things but here is a very good performing and musical Marantz with HDMI 1.3a and multichannel analog inputs from 2008. Refurbished from authorized dealer with warranty.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR7002/Marantz-Sr7002-110w-X-7ch-THX-Home-Theater-Surround-Receiver/1.html

Bill
AAnative, I understand your motivations for looking for a pre-HDMI receiver, but audio and video processing technology has rapidly improved over the past few years. You might be well off going with a suggestion like Bill had above. The ability to do HDMI switching can result in a much simplified way of switching sources. Considering that many people have a Blu-Ray player, cable TV, XBox, etc having only one place to do the switching makes things MUCH easier.

So I wouldn't discount some of the newer options.

IMHO, of course.

Michael