Dark Side of the Moon - Is MFSL really all that?

So I got a copy of the MFSL pressing of DSotM. I haven't done extensive comparisons, but one major thing I feel is missing from my original CD (which I have no idea right now exactly WHICH CD) is the kind of surround effects present in some of the tracks. MFSL sounds more like an acoustic cut, while the original CD sounds like an effects CD.

Is this right, and what people like about the MFSL pressing? Help me be a cognoscenti please.
erik_squires
Hopefully Mofimadness will weigh in on this. He is well versed on all things MFSL.
Agree, original CD sounds better. Anybody know which Japanese original is best?
Black Triangle CD 1983 or
Black Face Harvest CD 1983

Dark Side of The Moon is iconic and a sonic experience if you have a good copy and the right medication... Otherwise, it's just great.

I have an old vinyl pressing that is good, but the ***very best*** by far is the Pink Floyd re-release CD/BD box set ("Immersion") that came out in 2011. If you see this somewhere: BUY IT. ...It has everything, live, studio, freaking fantastic remaster!

[PF re-released a few of their iconic albums on CD over the past decade, ALL are excellent. BTW, the same original album remaster is available separately, but be careful as to source...]

Seriously: THIS IS THE ONE. I do not know if there was a vinyl box set also, if so... 

I have to admit that I was unmoved as well  by my MFSL copy. I used to listen to this LP at a friends house when I was in high school. We were listening to vinyl but that sounded way better on his mediocre system than my MFSL CD copy today. Hate to admit it but it's true.
I have both the MFSL cd and vinyl and the vinyl is much better although not nearly as good as an original pressing I bought back in 1973.  The cd also seems to have much less gain than other cd's.