Climbing the Preamp ladder

Bat vk-3, Manley Shrimp, and am currently using a Bat vk3-ix. you see I like tubes. what is a good step up? not just different. I use a Rogue stereo 90 tube amp with Aerial 8 speakers. I have a musical fidelity m1 transport and a wadia 121 DAC. I would like to stay under $2500.

thanks for everything in advance.

dpm2340

There’s a full review on Stereofile talking about this unit. Sounds like a great source component.

dpm2340 OP

i didn’t know this. all i have ever done with the remote is change volume. i guess i’ll have to figure out how to make the changes. thanks. by the way can i buy a remote?
If you get in touch with Wadia, they could have a s/h unit they may sell you if not a new one.
Or if you ask them they may give you the codes so you can program a universal remote to do the job, it’s all doable.
Your Rogue Stereo 90 is 1v in for full output, so you would set the Wadia’s "reference voltage setting" for 1V or 2v if you can't reach the desired volume on quite cd's/albums.

BTW: what happened to your remote??
Cheers George
Make sure no moisture gets in, and on a dry day seal them up with a thin wiped layer of some clear silicon sealant.

Cheers George
Not sure if it would be a step up in all areas, but there are brand new Audio Research LS17SEs for sale here now near your price range at less than half their retail price.  Also a new PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium in your price range as well.  Not familiar with your preamp or what specifically you're looking to improve upon, but I'd think these units might at least be worth a look.  Best of luck.