Ayre now has a new QX-5 all in one

box with DAC/Streamer (Tidal etc), Roon ready. It has nearly any input and a great headphone amp too.  It can also be used as a preamp, although I personally have yet to hear any digital pre sound as good as a great preamp, but that's me.  It's all balanced and has the Ayre power supply filters that all the Ayre products have.  I can't wait to hear it. I personally am running a great sounding Empirical Audio OSDE/SE with all the upgrades from Steve and I also have a Mac Mini server that Empirical totally rebuilt with a separate Hynes linear power supply.  It's full of only hi rez, well recorded music of all genres.  I love it, but the new servers do sound a bit better, so I've been looking.  I didn't want to set up a NAS, but since I run a Linn DS system in the bedroom I'm open to it.  I love the Melco NAS and may just get that for my NAS and the Ayre for everything else.  I want a simple, one box solution and I do use IEM's and cans on Sunday and Sat mornings so having a great amp solution in my main rig is enticing too.

I rn an Ayre AX-5 Twenty with Vandersteen Treo's (going to sell so I can upgrade to the Quatro's) and Basis/Aesthetix's for vinyl.  Pretty exciting times in digital.  I'm sure that Ayre will be a great value for all that it offers and it should sound incredible.  Time will tell.
ctsooner
I get it today or tomorrow I believe.  I have heard it and I have friends who have it burned it.  It's a KILLER.  Hitting in the 20k range.  I was not expecting what I heard and it only had 40 hours on it.  By the end of the day it was no longer ragged on top.  It gave a large and realistic sound stage, the bass was tight, tuneful and deep.  Very deep.  I was told the headphone amp is incredible. Even cold it sounded better than any Woo amp I've heard.
I missed delivery today. Hopefully I'll be home tomorrow to get it.  I have to have surgery next Wed, so I'm hoping to get it in and then turn it on and leave the TV running for the week I'm gone so it will have at least 100 hours or so.  Can't wait.
My QX-5 Twenty arrives today in about an hour Im told so I have to run home, cant wait with all the great reviews I have read I had to take the plunge.

Came yesterday. Having surgery on wed so haven't had a chance to open it yet. Hopefully later tonight. 
Ok, I set it all up yesterday.  I'm very excited so far.  It only has about 28 hours of so and it's relaxing nicely.  I"m not really listening critically as you can't at this point, but the sound is large and extended on both ends of the spectrum.  The highs will mellow in time and the bass will tighten up even more.  The soundstage is already very large in all directions, including height.  I'm very excited to let it run in. I have to stream my Tidal with the wifi until I get dedicated optical lines dropped into the room.  I'm going to have the electrician also separate and isolate all the power lines on the wall where I have the system.  I've decided to sell my Synergistic Research Powercell 10 mk2 now also.  I will be getting the Audioquest Niagara 7000 eventually based on listening.