Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss

Thanks, jeffrubin.

kingrex,

I still don’t understand the need to pay someone to calibrate the Premate. But, perhaps after trying it I will.

While waiting for the unit is there anywhere that I can download the manual?

Ozzy, to find the manual go to DEQX.com, and at the top click "Owners," and then "Upgrades" in the drop-down menu that appears.  Scroll down to the bottom of the box that will appear, and you'll see a link for the manual.

Good luck.  Regards,
-- Al

Ozzy, no, I didn't use the DEQXpert service.  I did, though, receive a useful 1 hour walk-through of the calibration software that was provided via web + phone by Nyal Mellor of Acoustic Frontiers, from whom I purchased the unit.  And I then spent several months patiently and methodically further familiarizing myself with everything, performing measurements, re-doing some measurements, tweaking settings, listening to a variety of material, etc., before I considered the process done.  And my application is simpler than most of the others that have been mentioned in the thread, with just a single pair of speakers, a single stereo amp, and no sub.

My experiences during that process are documented in posts on pages 6 through 9 of this thread.

The amount of time I invested in this process would obviously have been far less if I had chosen to utilize the DEQXpert service, and obviously I have no way of knowing whether the results of doing that would have been better than, worse than, or similar to what I ended up with.  But personally I feel that the learning experience resulting from doing it all myself was sufficiently valuable that I don’t regret not having utilized that service.

Good luck.  Regards,
-- Al