Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Post removed 
A lot of the pre-owned Thiels one sees here and on eBay share the "dimpled driver" syndrome as do many other makes.  The pair I purchased a year or so ago from a fellow member and the sole owner did not suffer from the malady - and they're perhaps thirty years old.

The advice of getting in contact with Thiel for a rebuild - if necessary - is well given.  A previous pair of my 3.5's suffered a midrange tear in the surround that I found necessary to send off to them.  I believe the total with shipping back an forth was around $400.  That may strike many as a somewhat pricey repair,  but it is actually a minor investment in a product that is worthy of it;  the quality and sonics of this brand compare very well to competitive brands way up the food chain.  

Fix 'em if you have to but keep 'em!
$400!  Sure the speakers are worth it, but I sure miss the old days at Thiel. Thiel's service was nonpareil.  Back then if the drivers weren't obviously abused Shari Graham would only ask that you pay for the shipping there, the rest would be gratis, even if the speakers were well out of warranty. 
Excellent discussion and exchanges of info guys! Way to go.
Always an informative read from the experts. it appears that Thiel does still offer parts/service for the older models via Rob in Kentucky as above.

Keep us posted -Richardp01.