Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Post removed 
richardp01, Your points are not without merit, but when it comes to the 3.5's the cost to value considerations become a bit convoluted. At their current asking prices the 3.5's might be one of the greatest audio values of all time. It would cost several times the going rate of the 3.5's to find another brand with similar qualities. Unfortunately if one were to simply replace their existing 3.5's with another pair of 3.5's, one might find the replacements have the same issues. So despite the apparent cost to value discrepancies it might very well be a good investment to maintain them. From a performance perspective such an investment is a sound value.
 As I alluded to earlier despite looking like off the shelf outsourced drivers, the 3.5's drivers were unmarked customized units made to Jim Thiel's specifications. If the replacement drivers come from a one time Thiel dealer you might be in luck. Otherwise, buyer beware.
 Again, I highly recommend Bill LeGall of Miller sound for consideration as well:
http://www.millersound.net/millersound-testimonials.html
 If may add to the somewhat obvious advice previously offered; may I suggest that when removing screws start at the bottom, and when reinstalling screws start at the top. If you don't have an appropriate  table/step stool to place in close proximity to the speakers, another set of capable hands belonging to some one with patience and willingness to work closely (intimately?) will do.
 I'm not currently in need of any extra  parts for my 3.5's (I already have a few), but depending on condition and price I might be interested in grills, tweeters, and/or midrange drivers ;-).

dcockrum, I agree, and am also grateful that Rob is still available to offer his appreciated service. Still, $400 seems a tad rich for a rebuilt driver that might have cost about that much new. What drives that cost; time, materials? I would have guessed that Thiel could afford to do it for about half that. 
 Thiel didn't just have the best customer service in audio back when Shari, Lana and Gary were there, but the best customer service I've ever had from any company of any kind. I guess they just spoiled me.
I haven't received an estimate yet, but if it is $400, I would say it's a reasonable cost for the work, but it's a cost I won't be willing to pay for speakers that won't be worth more than $500 after the repair.  If I part them out I would imagine I could get $3-400 for the three undamaged drivers, equalizer, crossover and boxes.
I am thinking of replacing my 3.5's with 2.4's or 2.7's.  Will they be as smooth as the 3.5's on soprano voices and masses strings?