Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I haven't received an estimate yet, but if it is $400, I would say it's a reasonable cost for the work, but it's a cost I won't be willing to pay for speakers that won't be worth more than $500 after the repair.  If I part them out I would imagine I could get $3-400 for the three undamaged drivers, equalizer, crossover and boxes.
I am thinking of replacing my 3.5's with 2.4's or 2.7's.  Will they be as smooth as the 3.5's on soprano voices and masses strings?
Richardp01, IMHO, the 2.4's and 2.7's will be even smoother on soprano voices and massed strings. But, those later 2 series will not be as coherent or have the same depth and overall quality of bass as the 3.5's, and require much more expensive amplification. 

Post removed 
Another informative discussion- Dave, Unsound and Richardp01.

You guys are in for a treat, as the CS 2.4, 2.4SE and 2.7- are all outstanding loudspeakers.  Certainly a step up and more refined over the 20-30 year older speakers via Thiel.  I would say that if you guys are into a more "vinatge" approach with your systems, then, seek out an audition on these newer, modern models prior to any purchase.

Happy Listening!