Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jafant, I would concur about timbre. It's a quality I've only heard to the same sort of level in electrostatics. In fact, owning Thiels changed my long held perception that only electrostatics could create that illusion to the same extent.

It's the consistency of the 3.5's that just blows me away. They've handled every type of musical program I've thrown at them with equal aplomb.

I keep coming back to this, but it is a tragedy that Jim's design ideals aren't being adhered to any more. Here was a guy who dedicated his life to better sound and, I believe, took his designs to places that other speakers could only dream of arriving at.

It's the balance of their overall qualities that makes them the best value you can find. I'm constantly amazed by the relatively low prices on the used market, when they trounce so many grandee speakers.
Guys; All that have contributed to this thread have almost made me miss the 3.5s. And even though I have had a Spectral/Avalon system; Occasionally I still thought about the 3.5s. "Until a month ago." I acquired a pair of Pass 160.8s. I drive them directly with a Manley Steelhead.  EVERYTHING the 3.5s (PRO AC, Sonus Farber, Wison,Avalon system was and "better" in every way. Have not rolled the tubes yet. As of now; tight, Musical, LOW bass, (no need for an equalizer or sub,) midrange to "die for", Highs shimmer and decay, Everything is natural and present. I am probably at my final "Forever" system???? At least that is what I am telling my wife. She says; she doesn't believe me! But admits that this is the best system/room we have had!
 I must say that it has taken many years to achieve this and that the Thiels are what kept me going. I surely say; Reference Quality at prices that are unbeatable. Buy a pair of Thiels for my other room? No. (Time to downsize some gear) The Manley, Pass, Avalons - Satisfy!!!
Final thought; Vinyl, Tube phono, Class A SS --- RULES !!! For Me. For Now!
Everyone, You're a great group! Enjoy your journey! Best Wishes. 
Guys - just got an email from Rob Gillum in reply to an inquiry. Repair for coax in MCS1 is $250.00. I certainly don't feel this is a bad price. 
Shipping boxes/packaging for my CS2.7's however is $160.00.....Each!
I figured I would get packaging in case they no longer supported, but I'm re-thinking now. I purchased second hand and no packaging was supplied in the deal.
Post removed 
Jafant...
"Cyril Davis" from the album "Why?" is indeed my reference tune when I'm weighing comparisons - that tune with my Pass X150.5 a while back was pretty much stunning.  

There's a similarly named cut on another one of his albums entitled "Cyril Davies",  arranged slightly differently but they're essentially the same composition.  Either version works for me. 

I own Baker's Air Force recordings on vinyl, all of his latter and latest efforts on CD. I started revisiting his stuff after seeing the documentary "Beware Of Mr. Baker" about a year ago or so on some cable channel.  It's quite an unflattering portrait of a very strange individual.  Such a nasty man.  

What surprises me all the more is how brief his time was with Cream and Blind Faith, yet that will certainly be the headline on and the bulk of material  contained in his obituary.  There's some pretty good stuff to be had during his post-rock days. "Why?" is quite good all the way through.  

I'll say it once last time - I am a total idiot for letting go of the Pass. 
I. Am. A. Total. Idiot. For. Letting. Go. Of. My. Pass. Labs. X150.5. 

I promise not to say that again. Let it serve as a testimonial to others whom might be considering a "better" amp for their Thiels.